Wireless Sales Engineer
Kansas City, MO
The Vista Group has been engaged with a growing, innovative Silicon Valley area wireless technology company to find their Sales Engineer – Kansas City, MO. If you have pre-sales engineering to tier 1 &2 wireless service providers, this is the position for you.
· Assist customers in the creation and development of their next generation wireless data services offering.
· Assist in leading, architecting and implementing the next generation of wireless data initiatives for the customer.
· Work closely with Sales and Engineering organizations to ensure that customer expectations are met and continuing innovation is pursued.
· Play an integral role in defining product attributes and support offerings.
· Interface with customers to ensure that their technical requirements are met.
· Travel up to 50% of work time within North America.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· At least five years' experience in presales technical system engineering in the wireless carrier marketplace
· Proven experience in conducting customer presentations and product demonstrations
· Broad technical background, including layered routing, telecom infrastructure, and service provisioning and creation
· Expert knowledge of internet and intranet technologies, including TCP/IP, VPN, load balancers, firewalls, and routing
· Keen interest in and ability to assist customers in creation and development of new wireless data services offerings
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Availability to travel 50% of work time within North America
· Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux knowledge a plus
An excellent opportunity for a Sales Engineer is available with a company that is delivering a very innovative, next generation Data Services infrastructure platform to Mobile Network Operators worldwide. This company already has a significant client base of world class wireless carriers. Compensation includes a generous base salary plus commission.